Taita Taveta University College was established by the Kenya Government through The Taita Taveta University College Order, Legal Notice No. 156 of 18th October 2011 as a constituent college of Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology. Formerly a the JKUAT Taita Taveta Campus, the University College aims at becoming a world class University of Science and Technology specializing in Mining and Mineral Processing Engineering, Earth and Material Sciences, Environment, Biodiversity and Agriculture, Science, Informatics and Business Studies
REF:TTUC/1/024/3/2012: Deputy Principal – Administration, Finance and Planning
Reporting to the Principal of the College, the Deputy Principal, Administration, Finance and Planning will be responsible for administration, planning and development, finance and staff matters. The successful candidate must be Professor or Associate Professor with at least eight years academic experience having held senior administrative posts, e.g. Dean, Director, Chairman of Department or Principal in a University setting with a demonstrated capacity for progressive and innovative leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities
As the head of the University College’s administration working under the direction of the Principal and the Council with the following duties and responsibilities;
- In coordination with the principal have responsibility on the direction and organization and the administration of Administrative programs of the University College;
- Coordinate Administrative programmes which include but not limited to; Human Resource Management, Financial Management and Central services
- In collaboration with the principal and the Deputy Principal-Academic, Research and Outreach, coordinate the development and implementation of the administrative policies of the University College in accordance with the University College's Master Plan and Strategic Plan
- Under the direction of the principal, maintain efficiency and good order of the University College and ensure proper enforcement of the Statutes and Regulations;
- Under the direction of the principal, provide innovative and creative leadership in the areas of finance, human resources, planning and infrastructural development, and community linkages.
- Perform other duties as may be directed by the Principal and the University College Council from time to time.
- Be holders of a PhD and be Associate Professors with at least eight years academic and research experience.
- Possess demonstrated capacity for leadership in an academic and/or research institution;
- Possess ability to plan, develop and implement institutional administration and development;
- Have proven capacity to promote learning, teaching, research and development in a university setting.
- Be familiar with education and development policies of Government of Kenya and be aware of trends in higher education worldwide.
- Have good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, highest ethical standards, integrity and professionalism.
Terms & Conditions of Service
Successful candidates for the three positions will be offered a competitive remuneration package, including house allowance, medical benefits, gratuity and other benefits in accordance with the University College Terms and Conditions of Service for Principal and Deputy Principal.
The appointments will be for a contractual period of five (5) years renewable once for a further period of five (5) years subject to satisfactory performance appraisal by the University College Council. Applicants should submit detailed curriculum vitae (detailing academic qualifications, professional experience, academic leadership, publications, awards/scholarships/funding, membership to professional associations and linkages), copies of certificates, e-mail addresses, telephone contacts and names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three referees to the address below quoting the Reference number of the respective advert.
The Chairman of the University College Council
Taita Taveta University College
P. O. Box 635 -80300
Applications should be sent to reach on or before Friday 7th September, 2012.