World Vision is a Child focused, humanitarian, Development, Relief and Advocacy Non-government Organization implementing projects/programmes in over 14 districts of Rwanda and is seeking to recruit result driven and motivated individuals for the vacancy above;
To manage the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Global Fund OVC program in 6 districts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide key elements for community-based planning activities that identify OVC most in need, identify minimum package priority needs for them, and provide prioritized services within a decentralized context to enhance sustainability and appropriate targeting.
- Be responsible for rolling out the Global Fund implementation plan for the service delivery area related to OVC care and meet the set targets for planned activities.
- Establish a mechanism of project resources management in line with World Vision Rwanda policies and procedures.
- Advocate for policies that honor & promote the rights of the child and people living with HIV & AIDS in accordance with WVR, partnership and government policies.
- Provide guidance and technical support to Global Fund field officers and CBO point persons in the areas of Economic Development, Nutrition, HIV & AIDS and OVC welfare and advocacy.
- Adapt the organizational capacity building modules of WV International and utilize this to build the capacity of CBOs partnering with WVR in Global Fund OVC care.
- Lead capacity building of project staff and OVC & other community members by providing training in sustainable development, Child protection, health and HIV & AIDS education, Economic Development in line with WVR training manual and identified community needs and MIGEPROF standards.
- Establish networks with other NGOs, government leaders, youth groups, churches, and community leaders to participate in program interventions according to WVR and government policies.
- Implement internal controls, ensuring compliance with pre-determined World Vision requirements, controls and procedures.
- Develop a project database and ensuring that it possesses relevant data to feed project design, evaluation, reports, support Offices and other stakeholders as required.
- Be responsible for the day to day monitoring and the mid-term and final evaluation of the Global Fund OVC project.
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, midyear and annual reports on project functions and submit them to the Director of health in line with reporting procedures.
Qualification and Skills:
- Must have a Bachelors degree in Public Health, Development Studies, Economic Development or any other field related to development with
- Knowledge on Sustainable Community Development, Micro enterprise development, HIV & AIDS, Education and Nutrition is an added advantage.
- A master’s degree in public health, development studies or social sciences is an added advantage.
- Must be willing to spend long hours in the field.
- Must possess demonstrable experience in networking and building relationships across different strata of society.
- Excellent knowledge of English (both oral and written) and Kinyarwanda is a requirement. Fluency in French is an added advantage.
- Must be a mature Christian, with people skills and committed to socio- economic and psycho – spiritual development.
How to Apply:
Please follow the instructions as stated below as failure to do so could lead to disqualification.
1. Send an Application letter and CV/Resume.
2. Merge these two documents into one document in either word or pdf format.
3. Do not attach or send any scanned documents, these are sometimes too large for our inbox.
4. Include the job title and/or reference number in the subject line of the email address and send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Only successful candidates will be contacted. For all other inquiries please contact our offices directly.
Apply before 23 Nov, 2012