Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide care to patients following nursing process
- To provide high quality nursing care using appropriate nursing process.
- To assess patient's condition, plan, implement, document, and evaluate individualized Nursing care using appropriate nursing model in accordance with the hospital nursing policy.
- To ensure all drugs and other treatments are given to the patients as prescribed and observe any adverse condition.
- To maintain a professional friendly atmosphere and create a dignified environment.
- To follow hospital policy in respect of custody and administration of all drugs, with special observation to DDA drugs.
- To maintain personal contact with patients, their relatives and visitors to enhance the patient's quality of life, dignity and the good standing of the hospital.
- To ensure the safe care and custody of patients property in accordance with the hospital policy.
- Report any accident/incident, loss or theft to the Senior Nursing Officer and complete necessary statements promptly.
- To maintain health and safety at work by ensuring that infection prevention and control principles are followed.
- To perform any other duties as assigned by superiors from time to time.
- Holder of B.Sc. Degree in Nursing or its equivalent from a recognized institution plus successful completion of Internship'.
- Must be registered with Tanzania Nurses and Midwives Council. Must have a valid license to practice.
- Must be computer literate
Salary for all positions shall be offered commensurate with the MNH Scheme of Service.
All applications letters should be sent by post using the address below and letters delivered by hand shall not be considered
Employees working with the government Organizations / Hospitals should apply through their employers and their employment shall be through transfers depending on approval by the Permanent Secretary (Establishment).
Applicants for Medical Officer and Medical Specialist positions shall indicate their preferred areas/ specialties as indicated in this advertisement. Preference should be indicated on top of the envelope and in the heading of the application letter
Applications accompanied with a detailed CV and copies of certificates, testimonials and names of three referees should be addressed to the Executive Director so as to reach her before
Muhimbili National Hospital,
P.O. BOX 65000
Dar es Salaam